Even master jugglers have times that they can use a helping hand. Whether you have a team member on leave or a new opportunity has thrown some unexpected projects your way, I can help. My 20+ years in high-tech marketing, technical publishing, and, most recently, for a wide variety of freelance clients include a broad range of skills:
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- System Development
- Marketing Communications
- Social Media
I am equally comfortable with large projects that require strategy and detailed execution as an “I need it next week” helping hand. I can provide a quote for an individual project or discuss rates for a set amount of hours a week or month for ongoing tasks.
Longer Term Projects (work a set number of hours per week or month)
- Serve as imprint marketing project manager for IBM Press, publishing 12-15 books/year. Develop content-rich individual book and topic campaigns – including for SOA, Information Management, and Web Marketing. Create content including eSamplers, podcasts, articles, and discount offers and promote these aggressively through retail and affiliate partners, our corporate partner’s vehicles, through targeted SEO campaigns, and direct outreach to blogs/microbloggers and social media outlets. Also responsible for regular imprint activities including web site content, monthly newsletters, and Facebook updates.
- Served as project manager to develop and market an affiliate program. Responsibilities included site organization, copywriting, coordinating with developers on prototype, providing detailed instructions to programmers, and marketing to target audience.
- Served as marketing point person for technical conference during client’s busy season. Responsibilities include project management, copywriting, and list procurement for main direct mail brochure; series of email campaigns; solicit co-marketing/sponsorship opportunities; targeted print and banner advertising; and marcom outreach to related calendars/communities.
- Created CompTIA resource pages for A+, Network+, and Security+ exams with free webcasts, exam profiles, podcasts, articles, and sample chapters and video’s from my client’s products. Developed and tested 3 different offers to determine biggest draw for audience. Promoted the resource pages via targeted ads and past buyer emails.
- Developed competitive analysis of client’s competitor’s low-cost product offering. Compiled detailed product development recommendation for client to deliver a competitive offering. Worked with internal divisions to obtain all necessary approvals to move forward on new product and provided process recommendations for keeping product up-to-date. Created sales tools and brochure for new product roll-out.
Short Term Projects (quoted on per project basis)
- Publicized an author’s companion DVD product, including a keyword-rich wire release with targeted media and blog pitches. Also worked with same author to help launch his blog, monitoring related blogs and providing content posting ideas and linking recommendations.
- Wrote web site copy repositioning client’s business from technical training to consulting, to better reflect their shifting emphasis.
- Helped a local retail store pull together a quick ad to bump holiday sales.
- Worked with a marketing manager to take a last minute request off her plate. Coordinated directly with the author and editor to develop a quick-turn press release and brochure with minimal touch (approvals only) from the marketing manager.